Monday 17 February 2014

Wk 7 Digi Choosday challenge..Shaping up

Welcome to another Digi Choosday challenge!

Thanks so much to those of you who've signed up to our new blog, the team are feeling all settled in their new home now and we love having our own blog instead of sharing over at Polkadoodles - so much more space haha!

Our special Choosday offer for you today is on all our great boys digis - we've reduced all of these to only £1 each this week so make sure you head over and take a look at the store and grab a bargain here!
Our theme this week for you is 

Shaping Up

The idea being that the focus is on a shape on the project, either a shaped card or by following a shape through in the layout itself. Interesting but a nice easy one for you!  The winner of this challenge will win a download bundle worth £15 - wow!! 
You have until Tues 4th March to enter this challenge and the winner will be announced on 11th March - lots of time to enter :D yay!!

Before we get to this week's inspiration, we have a little reminder that our week 5 challenge and week 6 are still running so don't forget to get your entries in! You can see them here on the Polkadoodles blog. We don't have a winner to announce until next week as we've extended the challenge deadlines so make sure you also have your entries in for last week which will end soon!

So let's get to the Design Team's inspiration - a huge thankyou this week to our fabulous Guest Mirella who has made us another superb project this week which is her last week with us :C  
Thankyou so much for joining in with the team Mirella, we have loved having you with us and you did an amazing job for us!  
Don't forget, if you enter our challenges you could be asked to Guest Design for us too! 

So let's see what the team made this week!....

Mirella....This week's theme is "Shaping up".  I made a shaped card and included small shapes inside the card (circle, rectangles) as layers. I used this amazing image called "Dollie Sleepyhead". The image includes Dollie, the sentiment and the little heart and pot as a whole image... but I decided to separate them and resize them to layer and suit my card.... It's such a versatile image!!! The papers are also from the Polkadoodles store.
Together with a few die cuts, washi tape and buttons... the pretty card is ready!!! happy how it ended up! Thank you so much Digi Choosday team for having me as a GDT these past two weeks!


Zoe - I thought I'd supersize an image and make it a shaped card to meet our challenge! I used this gorgeous 'Pray' image from Dollie goes East collection. I coloured her with a mix of markers including Graph It's  I also used the fabulous gold Glitter Shake pen  to colour over her top. The card is nearly A4 in length! 
Scatty Jan - I love making tags , so this weeks challenge was ideal for me - I have used the wonderful digi - Dolly Daydream Birthday The pink stripy paper is from The Cherryblossom Lane CD - coloured with promarkers xx
Debbi -For this weeks challenge I have made a bendy card that also folds flat so you can pop it into a envelope. The lovely background, the patterned paper for the flowers and the tree are from the Hootie Tree collection. And Dollie Daydream is stood in her garden with a lovely bouquet of flowers. She is available from the Polkadoodles Digi Esty store. She was coloured with Promarkers.
Jo- I decided to attempt a fancy fold to make a shaped card for this challenge it's a diamond upright card, I've added a link to the measurements on my blog. I wanted to make a Valentine's card using the gorgeous Be Mine Emma Canning digi and papers and  flower embellishments from the Love Will Flourish collection. 
Yvonne - Well, this weeks challenge was a challenge for me, myself and scissors are not on the best of terms, but I took the plunge! The backing paper I used is part of a digi bundle from Polkadoodles called Daisy Papers ! I printed the backing paper onto a cupcake card template I had. The image is Trendsetter and you can get her from Polkadoodles DigiWorld or the Etsy Shop, I coloured her with my Graph'It markers. I finished the card off with a ribbon, flowers and wooden embellishment from my stash.
Susan For the shaping up challenge I have used Girls hoot collection I absolutely love the vibrant papers in this collection ,the  Owl card is cut out on my cameo...
Sally - Hello folks.  Here is my "Shaping Up" Challenge Card.  I have chosen this lovely digi image from Dolly Daydream Goes East CD Rom and coloured her with my Graph'it markers. I then chose this lovely parasol which I printed out on A4 paper.  I then die cut the parasol using Spellbinder Grand Stately Circles which gave it a lovely lacey edge.  I then made a card using Grand Scalloped Circles, folded one in half for the base and the other to mat the parasol to.  I then printed out one of the scroll sentiments and die cut some butterflies to complete the card.
Wow! Amazing projects this week, as always! Don't forget to follow the rules for the challenge (you can see them in the sidebar) and we look forward to seeing you next week! x
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx